Are you a child or young person with special educational needs or disabilities?

Would you like to know more about things such as Annual Reviews and Education, Health and Care Plans?

On this page you will find several files that you can download.

When you are starting the Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment, going through an Annual Review or requesting more Special Educational Needs or Disability support in school, you may be asked to do an "About Me" document.

This document tells those helping you who you are. You can download and print the below PDF document, or download and fill in the powerpoint presentation to help you.

Some of the things you might like to share are:
  • Things I like doing
  • Hobbies and interests
  • Likes and dislikes
  • My dreams
  • How I communicate
  • How others describe me
  • Important people

You can add as many sections and topics as you'd like.

SENDIASS Rutland can also help with this - you can contact us directly, or ask a parent/carer or teacher to help.

If you have an Education, Health and Care Plan, you will have an Annual Review done every year by your Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) or Headteacher. This is to make sure you are still getting the right support.

If you have any questions about the Annual Review process and outcome, you can get in touch with us.

When applying for an Education, Health and Care Plan, a Needs Assessment or going through the Annual Review process, you may find some errors.

You, your parents/carers or school may choose to Appeal a decision that has been made.

If you are going through an appeal and would like our help, please get in touch.

Do you sometimes find it hard to talk about how you feel about things?

Our picture card activity might be able to help you. You can watch our video, or download the "how to" document, and then download the cards.

Before you get an Education, Health and Care Plan you or your parent or carer will speak with your school or college to see if you can be given more support in school.

After this, you would apply for an assessment from the Local Authority - this is to see if you are entitled to an Education, Health and Care Plan. Below you will find a document explaining this process.

If you have any questions, get in touch with us, or ask a parent, carer or teacher to help you.