If you’re aged between 0 and 25, have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and live in Rutland, we’re here to help you.
The help we offer is:
- Private – we won’t talk to anyone about you unless you say it’s OK or we think you might be in danger
- Fair – we won’t tell you what to do or take sides. We’ll support you to make your own choices
This section of the website is for children and young people. It includes information, organisations and resources that you might find helpful.
- For more on what SENDIASS is and how we can help, visit our What is SENDIASS page. This includes several Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about us.
- Would you like to see some of our resources that have been made with and for Children and Young People? Then visit the SENDIASS Resources page.
- You can find more Useful Organisations, including organisations in Leicester and nationally, that offer help and support to children and young people.
- We are looking for Children and Young People to take part in our Focus Groups – giving your opinions on our service as well as the help that is available to you. Visit our Focus Group page for more information and how to apply.
- If you’d like to contact us to ask a question, then please visit our Contact Us page.
How we can help
We can give you information to help you understand things that affect your life, like Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments and Plans.
We can also can give you advice and support with things like:
- Understanding difficult documents & completing paperwork
- Attending meetings
- Listening to you, help you put your thoughts into words and ensuring your views are heard
We can also offer lots of other kinds of support. If you need something, please call us.
The Council for Disabled Children have created a few short videos to help support young people’s understanding of the SEND reforms and how the changes affect them.