Welcome to SENDIASS Rutland
SENDIASS stands for Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service. We offer free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers of young people aged 0-25 with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) as well as young people themselves. We were formerly called the “Rutland Information Advice and Support Service” (RIASS).
Who we support
At SENDIASS Rutland we can provide information and advice for:
- Parents and carers of children and young people aged 0 – 25 in Rutland who are concerned about their child/young persons educational progress
- Children and young people aged 0 – 25 in Rutland with SEND who are concerned about the educational progress they are making or the support they are receiving
How we can help
We can offer you advice and information on key issues like Special Educational Needs and provision. We can also offer support on Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments and Plans and matters relating to social care and health.
We can also give you practical support with tasks such as:
- Community support – We attend community events by invite
- Written information – We have a range of information and fact sheets available
- Support at discussions and meetings
- Explain special educational needs issues/processes
- Help to write letters/emails
- Home Visits
- We can come with you to visit a new school or college
- We can help you to access the services you need
- Put you in touch with other services that could help you.
Contact us to discuss how we can support you.
Please call 07977 015 674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
Meet the SENDIASS Rutland Team
For our individual officer details, please visit our Meet The Staff page.
Rutland Community Hub
(C/O) Voluntary Action Rutland (VAR)
Rutland Community Hub,
Lands’ End Way,
The information, advice and support we provide is confidential, impartial and non-judgemental, so don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your needs.
You can also find out more in our SENDIASS Frequently Asked Questions.